This policy is based on the AARC Policy Development Kit AUP template.
SURF SCZ - Acceptable Use Policy
This policy is effective from 2 April 2019.
Acceptable Use Policy and Conditions of Use
This Acceptable Use Policy and Conditions of Use (“AUP”) defines the rules and conditions that govern your access to and use (including transmission, processing, and storage of data) of the resources and services (“Services”) as granted by SURF SCZ for the purpose of membership management of Dutch led research collaborations and managing access to services connected to SURF SCZ for as far those services are needed for the research goals of the collaboration.
- You shall only use the Services in a manner consistent with the policies and for the purposes described above, show consideration towards other users, and collaborate in the resolution of issues arising from your use of the Services.
- You shall only use the Services for lawful purposes and not breach, attempt to breach, nor circumvent administrative or security controls.
- You shall respect intellectual property and confidentiality agreements.
- You shall protect your access credentials (e.g. passwords, private keys or multi-factor tokens); no intentional sharing is permitted.
- You shall keep your registered information correct and up to date.
- You shall promptly report known or suspected security breaches, credential compromise, or misuse to the security contact stated below; and report any compromised credentials to the relevant issuing authorities.
- Reliance on the Services shall only be to the extent specified by any applicable service level agreements listed below. Use without such agreements is at your own risk.
- Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the privacy statements referenced below.
- Your use of the Services may be restricted or suspended, for administrative, operational, or security reasons, without prior notice and without compensation.
- If you violate these rules, you may be liable for the consequences, which may include a report being made to your home organisation or to law enforcement.
The administrative contact for this AUP is: email@example.com .
The security contact for this AUP is: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The privacy statements (e.g. Privacy Notices) are located at: https://wiki.surfnet.nl/display/SCZ/SCZ+Privacy+Policy .
Applicable service level agreements are located at: <no service level agreement in place yet>.