SURFconext is a 'hub' connecting Dutch educational institutions to online services, enabling students, employees etc to sign in to services using their institutional account. To learn more about SURFconext, see this wiki
. Below you'll find an introduction to the functions of the SURFconext IdP dashboard
Public view, without being authenticated ('logged in')
Without any login needed, it shows what services are technically connected to the SURFconext platform. This means any institution connected to SURFconext can enable access to listed services 'at the flick of a switch'.
'Logged in' with an institutional account
People with an account at an institution connected to SURFconext can use the LOGIN button in the top right corner of the dashboard. This will provide:
- Statistics on service usage etc. Your institution can enable or disable you seeing the statistics. So if you don't see them but want to, please check with the IT department of your institution.
- Instead of seeing just all services connected to our platform, you will see what services your institution has 'activated' and to what services you can (and can't) login with your institutional account.
- You get some extra information for every service compared to not being logged in:
- You get some information specific for your institution. Depending on whether your institution has enabled this, you will also see who manages the SURFconext settings at your institution, and for services your institution provides via SURFconext, you can see who is the contact person for that service.
Apart from being able to use the search box to find services, on the left of the screen, you're able to filter the list of services:
If relevant, we supply 'tooltips' for a filter: you can hover your mouse over the
to see more more, sometimes with a link to even more info.
One of the filters is about LoA, Level of Assurance. You can read all about LoA on this wiki, but the filters mean:
- "IdP - LoA 2": when you select this, you will see all services for which, on the IdP side of the connection, LoA 2 is enforced.
- "IdP - LoA 3": when you select this, you will see all services for which, on the IdP side of the connection, LoA 3 is enforced.
- "SP - LoA 2": when you select this, you will see all services for which, on the SP side of the connection, LoA 2 is enforced.
- "SP - LoA 3": when you select this, you will see all services for which, on the SP side of the connection, LoA 3 is enforced.
More help - for power users
If you've been appointed a 'SURFconext owner' (Dutch: SURFconext verantwoordelijke) or 'SURFconext maintainer' (Dutch: SURFconext beheerder) roll by your institution, you will have more options when logged in. To find out more about those features, see this wiki.