|SURFconext Test||SURFconext Production|
|Staging mode (end of life 1-6-2019)||Production mode|
This environment will be discontinued at July 1, 2019
SURFconext Test environment
- For testing purposes only
- Test with the SURFconext test IdP or institutions test IdP's (when available)
- No contract necessary
- New SP's can be configured via Selfservice SP-Dashboard
- SAML: Specific IdP metadata needed
- OpenID Connect: specific .well-known endpoint
SURFconext Production environment
The Production environment consists of two sub-environments: a Staging and a Production mode. IdP's and SP's configured in the Staging mode cannot connect to Production mode and vice versa.
- For short staging testing, before going to production
- Test IdP's available only
- SAML: Specific IdP metadata needed. This is the same metadata end-point as in Production, see below.
Note: The staging environment will be discontinued at July 1, 2019
- Contracts need to be in place
- Production IdP's available only
- SAML: Specific IdP metadata needed (same as Staging mode)
- OpenID Connect: specific .well-known endpoint (same as Staging mode)
Actions IdP's can take
Some Institutions/IdP's want to test services before a service is connected in Production Mode, with identities the institution controls:
- Institutions that want to test a service connected to the SURFconext test environment are recommended to configure a test IdP and request the SURFconext team to connect that test IdP to the SURFconext test environment.
- Institutions that want to do a final test of services in the SURFconext staging environment can configure a staging IdP and request the SURFconext team to connect the staging IdP to the SURFconext staging environment.