SURFconext offers 'Single Sign On'-access to a large number of online services. Almost 120 Dutch organisations in the area of higher education and research are already using these. Amongst the most used services are: Google Apps for Education, SURFspot, Legal Intelligence (a search engine for anything related to law) and several library services.
The group of almost 120 organisations in The Netherlands who use SURFconext, consists of universities, university hospitals and tertiary medical centers, hbo's teaching hospitals, universities of applied sciences and research institutions. Together they represent a group of 1 milion million users. These users are currently responsible for generate almost 2 milion logins per month, using more than 100 different cloud services.
- By connecting to SURFconext only once, your users will have access to all available services.
- You can easily regulate authorisation for entire groups of students and employees.You don't have to implement and maintain a custom made connection to each service or Service Provider seperately.
- Once you are connected to SURFconext, making new services available for your users is fast and easy.
- You can regulate authorisation for entire groups of students and employees easily.
- The number of available services is ever growing, since more and more organisations choose to use SURFconext.
- You can integrate your internal authorization resources with SURFconext.
- You can easily reuse tools and software code from other organisations ('Write once, deploy anywhere').
- You can easily share your own services with other organisations.
- SURFconext offers more flexible and cheaper licences.
The number of available cloud services is growing quickly. Most organisations consider using to use these services next to combined with internally hosted services. Besides, organisations want to offer a secure environment where both internal and external services can be used side by side. Important elements for this are Single Sign-On, trusted identity and collaboration in groups and teams. Organisations are looking for possibilities to integrate these different kinds of applications. SURFconext offers starting points to realise this.