What can you do with SURFconext?
SURFconext offers 'Single Sign On'-access to a large number of online services. Almost 120 Dutch organisations in the area of higher education and research are already using these. Amongst the most used services are: Google Apps for Education, SURFspot, Legal Intelligence and several library services.
What advantages does SURFconext offer for my organisation?
The group of almost 120 organisations in The Netherlands who use SURFconext, consists of universities, university hospitals and tertiary medical teaching hospitals, universities of applied sciences and research institutions. Together they represent a group of 1 million users. These users generate almost 2 milion logins per month, using more than 100 different cloud services.
SURFconext allows users to have access to services offered by multiple Service Providers using only 1 account. Besides, SURFconext facilitates online collaboration in the cloud, both between users within the same organisation as between users from different organisations.
If you connect your organisation to SURFconext, you will enjoy the following advantages:
- By connecting to SURFconext only once, your users will have access to all available services.
- You don't have to implement and maintain a custom made connection to each service or Service Provider seperately.
- Once you are connected to SURFconext, making new services available for your users is fast and easy.
- You can regulate authorisation for entire groups of students and employees easily.
- The number of available services is ever growing, since more and more organisations choose to use SURFconext.
- You can integrate your internal authorization resources with SURFconext.
- You can easily reuse tools and software code from other organisations ('Write once, deploy anywhere').
- You can easily share your own services with other organisations.
- SURFconext offers more flexible and cheaper licences.
Why should I connect to SURFconext?
The number of available cloud services is growing quickly. Most organisations consider to use these services combined with internally hosted services. Besides, organisations want to offer a secure environment where both internal and external services can be used side by side. Important elements for this are Single Sign-On, trusted identity and collaboration in groups and teams. Organisations are looking for possibilities to integrate these different kinds of applications. SURFconext offers starting points to realise this.
How does SURFconext work?
For more information, have a look at Schema en uitleg (only available in Dutch).
We've also included a list of used terms together with their definitions at the page Woordenlijst (only available in Dutch).
Get started with SURFconext
|Documentatie voor Identity Providers|
SURFconext can be used Organisations with a SURFnet connection. To connect to SURFconext, a number of technical, organisational and legal steps need to be performed. Click here for a step by step manual (only available in Dutch).
|Documentation for Service providers|
If you want to offer services through SURFconext, you will have to perform certain steps. Click here for an overview.
|Collaborating through SURFconext|
The SURFconext-infrastructure can help collaboration organisations with verification, authorization and group management. Click here to see the possibilities (only available in Dutch).
|Information about the migration from SURFfederatie to SURFconext|
SURFfederatie merged to SURFconext. Click here for more information about this trajectory.
|Support pages SURFconext|
Once you are connected to SURFconext, these pages provide support for built-in applications in SURFconext.