Version: December 2016
SURFconext is a service offered via institutions connected to SURFnet to their users. SURFconext offers users easy access to services from various providers. Users simply log in using their institution account and use single sign-on functionality to obtain secure access to the services provided by their institution.
Agreements have been reached with the various institutions regarding the use, availability, and operation of SURFconext. All we ask from the user is to comply with the rules described in the conditions set out below.
1. A SURFconext account is linked to the account of an institution and is strictly personal. The agreements in place with the various institutions specify that the user is not permitted to transfer his/her account and the associated rights to a third party or to allow a third party to use the account or associated rights.
2. The user must refrain from any unauthorised use. This includes the following:
3. If SURFnet has good reason to believe, as a result of specific information or communications, that the user is in breach of or is likely to be in breach of regulations or obligations as described above, the user must, in consultation with SURFnet and the institution concerned, put an end to said breach as quickly as possible and/or prevent a recurrence of it in the future.
4. SURFnet is entitled, after consulting with the institution concerned, to terminate or suspend all or part of the access to SURFconext or to impose additional conditions for its continued use, if:
SURFnet cannot accept liability for any damage suffered by the user or a third party as the result of SURFconext being disconnected due to the application of the above rules.
5. In addition, SURFnet has the right to take any other measures that may be necessary to protect SURFnet, other users, and/or third parties against damage, disruption, or unauthorised use of the rights of such parties.
6. SURFnet is entitled, without having to inform the parties concerned beforehand, to (temporarily) shut down or limit the use of SURFconext to the extent that it is necessary for carrying out maintenance activities, within reason, or to enable SURFnet to carry out any necessary modifications and/or improvements to SURFconext.
If you would like to obtain more information about which attributes your institution has, about which Service Providers receive which attributes of yours, and about the various periods during which such information is stored, please consult the Profile Page of SURFconext.
If users have any questions or requests regarding the processing of their personal information, they should contact their institution.